CalculiX CGX export

Hi!
This might be a very simple question, but i cannot find any solution how to do it.
In my thesis, i’m trying to couple OpenVSP ( an open source aerodynamic solver ) with CalculiX, to create an aeroelastic solver. OpenVSP has the ability to create the input file for CalculiX. So far i created a code, where a geometry can be created, an aerodynamic simulation is performed, load applied, and a structural solution is obtained by running CCX.

I could not find any solution to export the deformed model. I’m looking for something like a point cloud, where i can find specific coordinates, so i can create the same aerodynamic model, but with the deformation.

It would be great if i can run it through command window.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

CGX is capable to export deformed mesh of active plot views, set desired scale factor before.

Datasets → 1 Displacement → All
scal d 1.0
send all abq

it will generate all.msh with updated node coordinates of deformed mesh and scale factors previously set.

Where can i find this file? I checked the location where the .frd file is, but there were no new files, also no new files in the calculix folder.

you will need cgx - calculix graphics.

Successful exported mesh should be available in the same directory of *.frd files, below some screenshoot provided. The original model is actually flat, frequency analysis type with unrestrained boundaries. I do simple rename all.msh result generates with all_msh.inp to be readable directly by CGX.

2024-01-11 20_00_45-C__Windows_system32_cmd.exe

2 Likes

Thank you, for your answer. For some reason i found it in my Documents folder, but not Calculix nor the .frd files are located there