Web interface for pycalculix for building and meshing 2D geometry

I’ve created a simple web interface for pycalculix here:

https://calculix.feacluster.com/webcalculix/

For sure, there are many sophisticated free CAD tools out there . But they have steep learning curves and complex installation steps. And if you don’t use them often you forget how to do even the most basic tasks.

So that’s why I created this tool. To have a simple way to generate and solve 2D meshes without having to install and learn anything complicated :slight_smile:

See some example outputs:

plot

template_geom

3 Likes

Very cool idea. I’m planning to make some similar solution using pycalculix in Flask though I’m a bit concerned if I get much traffic and many users want to solve their FEA problems at the same time would it freeze the server?

Nobody really uses it so would not worry about too many users :slight_smile: Anyways I’ve updated it to a 3D version here.

Nice, I like it :blush: would you consider to share the script? I’m planning to do similar but for axisymmetric pipe sections in 2D and want to use pycalculix for this. Surfing internet for different solvers and as far as I understand pycalculix is the simplest one for 2D sims, isn’t?

Yes, but it might make you more confused as I had to “hack” the pycalculix files to get it to work. For some reason the x and y axis is reversed in that script. So I had to reverse them everywhere which made it rather confusing to debug…

1 Like