I ran a simulation over night. Its just a pressfit attempt and I went with 1s simulation in 0.01s increments. The PrePoMax was awesome to set it up and try different things but now after having run the simulation and having results, I can’t see them. Clicking on the “results” button quickly fails with an exception and if you look at ram usage you see a clear ramp and then a dump.
So Now I’m trying to extract the data into .VTU using this code:
#imports for running CCX and output file conversion
#imports for file modification:
from tempfile import mkstemp
from shutil import move, copymode
from os import fdopen, remove
cwd = os.getcwd()
#convert output to VTK (vtu) format so paraview can use it
logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO, format=’%(levelname)s: %(message)s’)
c = ccx2paraview.Converter(frd_file_name, [‘vtu’])
input(“Press enter to exit ;”)
Anyway. I just noticed the new pastix exodus and I will also give it a try.