How set boundaries?

Hello everyone. I’m just starting to learn Caulculix. I work on windows and can only set all the conditions through SciTE.
It is necessary to carry out the simplest calculation for the compression of the plunger, i.e. one face is rigidly fixed, the other face is pressed by force. I created a mesh in the Salome Meca (I also created surfaces for boundary conditions there), then exported it in the format .UNV, and then converted it via launcher calculix.
But when it comes to calculix, I don’t understand anything, because all the guides work through the launcher on linux, or the demo tasks are excessively simple (the geometry is created directly in calculix via commands).
So far, I’ve written the following:

• INCLUDE, INPUT=all.msh
    *BOUNDARY
  • INCLUDE, INPUT=Group_1_123.bou
    *MATERIAL,NAME=EL
    *ELASTIC
    2e11,0.3
    *STEP
    *STATIC
    *DLOAD
    ???
    *NODE FILE
    U
    *EL FILE
    S
    *END STEP
    In Group_1_123.boy I set the surface for fixing via the command: “send Group_1 abc sps 123”, but the load cannot be set in this way.
    How do I set the forces? You may be able to recommend resources where I could read about it?image|690x351

in the first step i recommend you to check your *. inp file

in the second step i recomend you to check your send “Group_1 abc sps 123” command
by copying directly in your inp. file

in the third step i would try the "INCLUDE, command,

that could work

CalculiX-Examples/Biegung.inp at master · mkraska/CalculiX-Examples · GitHub

Hi,

there is a very good pre- and post processor called PrePoMax which is developed for windows. There are also some tutorial available on youtube.
http://lace.fs.uni-mb.si/wordpress/borovinsek/?page_id=41

3 Likes

When I started learning calcuilix I learned from Jeff Baylor’s excellent tutorial.

With regard to your input file, it’s a pretty common programming convention to put the *INCLUDE statements at the top.

Your *BOUNDARY card needs to act on something, a node set, vector direction(s), and magnitude. This prevents all motion for nodes in the set mynodes for DOF’s
*BOUNDARY
Nmynodes,1,2,0

Sorry, somehow hit the send too soon

When I started learning Calculix I learned from Jeff Baylor’s excellent tutorial. Getting Started with CalculiX - Download … / getting-started-with-calculix-download.pdf / PDF4PRO

With regard to your input file, it’s a pretty common programming convention to put the needed files at the top, so your *INCLUDE statements would be first.

Your *BOUNDARY card needs to act on something, first a node set, then vector direction(s), and magnitude. This prevents all motion for nodes in the set mynodes for DOF’s 1 and 2:
*BOUNDARY
Nmynodes,1,2,0

Your *DLOAD should include the element the load acts upon, the DOF, and the magnitude. It’s probably not common practice, but if I’m using *DLOAD I select surfaces (plot f all), then send them to a file (send mysurfaces abq sur), then I open the .sur file in a word processor and replace the S (for the surface) with a P, and follow that with a comma and the magnitude, and then paste that back in the command file.

Sorry once again, a simple *DLOAD would be followed by the element number, the element surface (not the DOF), and the magnitude.

Thanks for the reply. I also read “Getting Started with CalculiX”, but it doesn’t explain working with imported meshes at all. Although, nevertheless, this tutorial is very useful.

Thank you very much! It really helped a lot, the gorgeous and comfortable graphical interface.