cgxCadTools windows executable

hi,

I got zipped files of calculix_2.17_4win from official webs. it’s contains cgxCad useful tools to convert standard 3d cad STEP files to FBD cgx files and vice-versa, however the folder is empty.

may another links to download exist?

Thank you,

Thanks for the hint. I ask Guido to upload the an updated package.

1 Like

Guido uploaded the extended package. To run the converters the user needs the Open Cascade libs which in turn need a lib from mingw.

2 Likes

thank you for an updated files,

i trace any dll files to run cgxCadTools properly, it’s required :
libstdc+±6.dll
libTKXSBase.dll
libTKXDESTEP.dll
libTKXDEIGES.dll
and,
libTKBRep.dll
libTKernel.dll
libTKG3d.dll
libTKGeomAlgo.dll

and i got from this website:
https://packages.msys2.org/package/mingw-w64-i686-oce
and,
https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/downloads/69773/libstdc%2B%2B-7.3.0-1-mingw32-dll-6.tar.xz/

however, the application send an error messages ‘0xc000007b’ when to start to runs. seem windows 64/32bit compatibility problems. is this error messages occurs due to miss another dll files or specific problems of my windows pc installation?

You need the 64bit libstdc++6.dll
In the moment I know only one way to get this file, compiling mingw. Guido would have to provide the mingw sources as well if he volunteers to provide the lib due to legal requirements.

thank you for looking out to my problems, but i still got the same error message even using libstdc++6.dll from MFront distributions. just googling it to seek an answer, and give me a hint it may about compatibility/differently issue in OpenCascade Comunity Edition (OCE) and their official (OCCT).

edited:
i trace any dll’s to make it run properly, seems the previous files i took are not complete. retry using OCE again, still gave me the same problems.

2020-10-14 18_41_57-Dependency Walker - cad2fbd

To my knowledge Rafal Brzegowy used the following libs as written in the accompanying README_Install. Did you give them a try?

“First, you need to install the OPEN CASCADE Technology 7.4.0 libraries, either
https://www.opencascade.com/content/latest-release

I add opencascade to msys package:

pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-opencascade

I will try to do full static version

@klaus.wittig
i not compiled from the source, only use a binary distribution and found it on OpenCascade Community Edition. also, i try to download and installing from your links (officially) were binary files are included. but seems not compatible since pre-compiled with Visual Studio 2015 not MinGW.

@rafal.brzegowy
so many thanks,… i hope IGES file format is supported as well.

Hello,

This link posted on Calculix website does not contain the CAD converters. Should I be checking any other link for this?

Somehow I downloaded 2.17 instead of 2.17.1 I guess. I see now thanks.

I got several errors when doing

pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-opencascade
> error: mingw-w64-x86_64-termcap: signature from "David Macek <david.macek.0@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
> :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/mingw-w64-x86_64-termcap-1.3.1-6-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

Anyone has a hint about what the issue could be and how to workaround it?