Solid Material "None" cannot gain values

I use Calculix via the use of Free CAD and want to analyze eyeball transformation.
When trying to input the Yang Value 0.0833Mpa/m2 and Poisson Ratio 0.45 as the “None”, the material has no values at all. I managed to put constrains and strict powers, and cut meshes, but Solution Calculix does not work and no solution item was made.
Prior similar questions have shown need of UMAT routine. But now I can use Caliculix only through Free CAD. Please tell me the way to work the FEM solver.

Can you deselect this “Site Feedback” category (there should be no specific category for such posts) ?

Select some material like wood or steel and change its E and v values to the ones that you want to use.

1 Like

Thank you.
When I selected wood and changed values, they made “transient material” s and I managed to move the solver.
But the below error emerged. I selected under 10μ fine meshes.
Error: Too many meshes. More than one mesh is not supported.
Error: Solver has no equations. Add at least one equation.

If you have multiple parts, you need to merge them with boolean tools in the Part workbench (Fusion, Boolean fragments or other). FreeCAD’s FEM workbench doesn’t support multiple meshes at the moment.

Also, make sure that you have CalculiX solver added to the Analysis container.

I tried Fusion360 ,but I couldn’t cut meshes at all.
Solid materials couldn’t be inputted multiple parts. Even all the same material it disappeared.
Eyeball deforming simulation is once done at RIKEN in Japan 20 years ago. But after the charge Chinese scientist retired, RIKEN couldn’t analysis eyeball deformation.
Human eye accommodation may be but also by extraocular muscles not only by the lens deformation, so eyeball deforming may be the scientific taboo.
Only once the solver imperfectly moved.
Please stop harassing bag, if someone plotter made.

In FreeCAD, you can cut your model into separate volumes and assign different materials to them but those volumes have to be combined with tools available in the Part workbench first.

Check the works of prof. W. Śródka, his area of research was biomechanics and FEA of human eyeball. He even wrote a book about it but it’s in Polish.

Thank you very much for your information. I read some of Prof. W. Srodka’s papers, started from RK surgery’s implications and knew limbs model for chin frenulum , characteristic material values and conclusion of change in eye length. Limbs seems to combine materials easier.
Please tell me his book’s title and publisher, I want to translate by Internet automatic translation in Japanese or English.

The book is named “Model biomechaniczny ludzkiej gałki ocznej” (Biomechanical model of human eyeball). It was published by Wrocław University of Science and Technology. It can be freely accessed here: Model biomechaniczny ludzkiej gałki ocznej - Lower Silesian Digital Library