PaStiX could not converge to a valid result

I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this error during a plastic strain type problem. I have a simplified problem here:

but if I add a groove to that gasket, then I get the error. I think maybe the material is hydro locking and gaining stress higher than mat2 in the material’s list? Then since the stress is higher than on the material, the program doesn’t have a value to use so it uses NaN?

I don’t know. I’ve tried everything I can think of at the moment… higher mesh resolution, lower first iteration size, simplified material down to 4 points in the plastic definition. I don’t know what causes the error at all.

This model converges. Can you attach one that doesn’t converge ? What is the error message ? What is the source of the data for the plasticity model ?

I changed the mesh and it behaved. to make it fail one has to make the gasket mesh smaller. Usually one would want to do that if we were interested in the gasket flow. I’m making an even smaller version to see if I can make it fail faster.