Output Coordinate system

Hi All,

I would like to know how to change coordinate system for results output such as stress/strain from global to elemental system. I am currently working on curved panels made with orthotropic material and I need to recover the stress in the correct system

Hello @vm81, you can take a look at the *ORIENTATION card (page 543 of ccx 2.17 manual). I believe only rectangular and cylindrical systems are allowed:

** Change SYSTEM=[RECTANGULAR/CYLINDRICAL] as needed.
*ORIENTATION, NAME=LONG, SYSTEM=RECTANGULAR
 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
**--------------------------------
** Change ORIENTATION=[LONG/etc] as needed.
*SOLID SECTION, MATERIAL=Steel, ELSET=Elm_All, ORIENTATION=LONG

You may need to specify some other details for the results, for example not global for some of the output.

hi jbr,

thanks for the reply.
I am using the COMPOSITE option as follows:
*SHELL SECTION, ELSET=PLATE, COMPOSITE, ORIENTATION=GLOBAL,OFFSET=0 + the stack definition and it works, having benchmarked displacements against other software.
The problem arises when I want, for example, look at interlaminar shear stress (Sxz,Syz) in the element system and not the global (the panel is not flat but curved)
I have not found a way (in ccx or cgx) to output results in the elemental system. I thought there should be a way.

!UPDATE!
I have found the solution: it is possible to select which system to use in the outputs using the GLOBAL=YES/NO cards.

Great, I forgot to add that part for the output of the results.