Mapping Data for Heat Transfer Transient Analysis

Hello, I’m trying to perform an Heat Transfer analysis in transient mode (not steady state). In my usual activity with Abaqus solver I include as boundary condition mapped data for Temperature and HTC. They appear as below:
Element ID, Face, Temperature, HTC
260346, F1, 545.08, 0.55

Three questions here below:

1. Calculix is not able to read this data. Why?
  2. Is there a possibility to map such data from the CFD to the Structural FEM using Prepomax?
  3. After performing the Thermal Analysis it is possible use the Temperature Field so obtained for runa Thermo-Structural Analysis. If yes how set in prepomax this run?
    Thanks & Regards

Which keyword are you using with those data lines ?

No, PrePoMax can only map pressure from OpenFOAM.

You can perform uncoupled or coupled temperature-displacement analysis but it’s a single analysis step. Otherwise, you would have to manually create the defined field with temperatures for static analysis.

Thanks for the answers. Here below my comment.

1. Which keyword are you using with those data lines ?

*FILM,OP=MOD, AMPLITUDE=UP, FILM AMPLITUDE=W_UP

1. Otherwise, you would have to manually create the defined field with temperatures for static analysis.
    You mean that I have to input directly the Temperature as load in the Step for the Structural run

Thanks

Can you share a sample file ? I prepared a simple example with this keyword in Abaqus and it works in CalculiX as well.

Yes, you can use the Defined field feature in PrePoMax for that. Internally, that’s the *TEMPERATURE keyword.