Hello, I’m trying to perform an Heat Transfer analysis in transient mode (not steady state). In my usual activity with Abaqus solver I include as boundary condition mapped data for Temperature and HTC. They appear as below:
Element ID, Face, Temperature, HTC
260346, F1, 545.08, 0.55
Three questions here below:
- Calculix is not able to read this data. Why?
- Is there a possibility to map such data from the CFD to the Structural FEM using Prepomax?
- After performing the Thermal Analysis it is possible use the Temperature Field so obtained for runa Thermo-Structural Analysis. If yes how set in prepomax this run?
Thanks & Regards
Which keyword are you using with those data lines ?
No, PrePoMax can only map pressure from OpenFOAM.
You can perform uncoupled or coupled temperature-displacement analysis but it’s a single analysis step. Otherwise, you would have to manually create the defined field with temperatures for static analysis.
Thanks for the answers. Here below my comment.
- Which keyword are you using with those data lines ?
*FILM,OP=MOD, AMPLITUDE=UP, FILM AMPLITUDE=W_UP
- Otherwise, you would have to manually create the defined field with temperatures for static analysis.
You mean that I have to input directly the Temperature as load in the Step for the Structural run
Can you share a sample file ? I prepared a simple example with this keyword in Abaqus and it works in CalculiX as well.
Yes, you can use the Defined field feature in PrePoMax for that. Internally, that’s the *TEMPERATURE keyword.