I can’t reproduce the problems with Gigamove. When I click the link in the post, I am redirected to Gigamove and can download the file.
I also confirm that CGX seems to write wrong surfaces.
This is the mesh generated using run2d.fbd.
*ELEMENT, TYPE=CPS4, ELSET=Eall
1, 1, 4, 3, 2
2, 2, 3, 6, 5
3, 5, 6, 8, 7
This results in the following elements
The handbook of ccx shows the face numbers versus local node numbers:
In our case, the right edge of the model corresponds to local node numbers 1 and 2 of element 1.
That should be face S1 and not S4 as written to xL.sur.
Contents of xL.sur is
** Surfaces based on xL
When changing that to 1, S1, then the solution is correct. So I confirm the finding by vicmw.
To me this looks like a bug in CGX, I’ll report that to Klaus Wittig.
Thank you all for engaging in the discussion.